Sunday, July 15, 2012

Good CLE Eats: Good Greens


In this day and age, there are endless nutrition options and products to be healthy. Try the latest and greatest. In this sea of healthy options of food, diets, supplements, and magical potions, it can be a real headscratcher to choose what's best and what actually tastes good!
How do I choose?

Well one of my buddies introduced me to the company he works for: Good Greens. Full disclosure: he provided me with a box of bars to do a taste-testing in exchange for writing this post. All opinions are 100% my own.

Good Greens representing at  Ingenuity Fest. Two thumbs up!
So I've set off on my nutrition bar journey by snacking my way through the box and trying the different flavors. They are soft and chewy (not chalky, dry or bland as some nutritional bars can be). And have a ridiculous amount of healthy benefits too. My conclusion, best tasting is the Chocolate Raspberry flavor.


Although I will warn that you need a compact mirror after devouring the delish bar, because you may or may not have some raspberry seeds up in your grill. It's worth the risk though because they are so flavorful and soft AND healthy!


I don't have anything in my teeth, do I?

I was also pleasantly surprised with their Chocolate Coconut too. Usually I am not a big fan of coconut, but this was just the right amount of flavor. Not overpowering but tastes like a bite of tropical goodness in your mouth to get your day started. Win!

Here's how they stack up with competitors. Proof is in the pudding (I mean bar..)

Product Comparison

GoodGreensClif BarLarabarKind Bar
Vitamins100%24%8%56%
Protein12g10g6g9g
Calories195245
210
195
Sugar14g20g22g15g
Fat9g5g13g11g
Carbs24g43g25g25g
Organic72%18%84%44%
Gluten FreeYESNOYESYES
GreensYESNONONO
AntioxidantsYESNONO+PLUS BRAND
ProbioticsYESNONONO
VeganYESNOYESYES


Top 5 Reasons you should get some Good Greens in your belly:

1) Not only are they pretty tasty, but they are made locally! Yes Clevelanders, Good Greens is based out of Shaker Heights LaunchHouse, so you're supporting the local entrepreneurs and the economy too.

2) They are the number one selling health nutrition bar at Heinen's. So obviously fancy people like them too.
 
3) They are good for all sorts of folks with specific dietary needs. Vegan and Gluten free!

No moo cows were harmed or used in making these bars.

4) 100% of your daily fruits and vegetables! Say whaaat? Yes indeed! Good for kids too who don't want to eat their brussel sprouts. And let's be honest, brussel sprouts taste like dirt... but don't tell my Mom I said that...
5) They are all natural and organic. No artificial hocus pocus no GMO junk. Just natural organic good for your body bars.

So I encourage you to give Good Greens a try and let me know what you think. Here is a listing of where you can find their products, or stay up to date with their latest news on Facebook or Twitter. And word on the street is that they are launching two new flavors soon!!! I give them double thumbs up!

1 comment:

  1. I got these too and am obsessed! I love the nutritionals and how yummy they taste! The coconut was also (surprisingly) my favorite too bc I'm not a huge fan of coconut. Awesome review!

    ReplyDelete

Share your positive thoughts!